Mobile Menu Button
Couples Counselling / Therapy
Individual Counselling /Therapy
Phone Counselling / Therapy

Specialist Areas

Types of Therapy Offered

Style, Experience & Training

About me

My name is Hal Satterthwaite and I am an experienced CBT psychotherapist with extensive experience of delivering care and treatment for adult clients from all ages and backgrounds and for a wide range of conditions. I have a warm and pragmatic approach and provide effective and helpful therapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment.

I work with both individuals and couples on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.

I am experienced in helping clients who have difficulties with :

Stress (including work stress, academic study and redundancy)
Anxiety and Worry
Panic Attacks
Social Anxiety
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Health Anxiety
Relationship Problems
Unexplained and Persistent Physical Symptoms
Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and
Anger Management

Training, qualifications & experience

Professional Qualifications
I am a qualified and BABCP accredited CBT Psychotherapist. I trained in CBT at Oxford University and then undertook further specialist training in Cognitive Behavioural Couples Therapy (CBCT) through Royal Holloway University London.

I am fully insured and registered to practice as a CBT Therapist.

Areas of Specialism
I specialise in the treatment of anxiety problems, depression, relationship difficulties and stress.

Further information

I have a comfortable private practice at the top of Old Bailey, 5 min from St Pauls underground, in the Temple Bar area near to Blackfriars, right opposite the Old Bailey court in the heart of the City of London.

Access: The practice is 5 minutes from St Paul's tube station and 2 minutes from City Thameslink (HK).

Location: The office is on the corner at the top of Old Bailey, diagonally across from the Viaduct pub and opposite the court:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can you treat couples?
I am a trained cognitive behavioural couples therapist (CBCT) and can work with couples experiencing relationship difficulties as well as with individuals.

Can you help me if I have addiction or alcohol problems?
I have worked with addiction and alcohol problems, however if you are a heavy drinker or recreational drug user, you will get more benefit from the therapy I currently offer if you seek specialist treatment before you engage in CBT. I can help moderate users and can also help with referrals for specialist help.

Languages Spoken



  • MSc
  • PgDip
  • BA
Share With
Copyright © Uk Therapy Guide. All right reserved. | Website Development by AVAMAE