Hello! I am Margarita Chacin
I am a psychologist who believes therapy should be a journey of self-discovery and not just a treatment of disorders...
I am a Chartered Health Psychologist based in Horley, Surrey offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I believe strongly that psychological interventions can make a significant and meaningful difference to the quality of people’s lives whether they are struggling with mental health difficulties or have just become stuck and want to find new ways to move forward in their personal lives, relationships or work.
I have over 10 years experience working with children and adults in Hospital and Private practice.
In addition to private practice, I also work for the NHS providing psychological interventions to patients with Chronic Pain conditions
Master in Health and Clinical Psychology. Higher Institute of Psychology Studies. ISEP formation (Barcelona-Spain).
Psychologist. Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (Venezuela).
I am a Practitioner Health Psychologist registered with the HCPC and I hold the Chartered Status with the British Psychological Society.
I have been invited to more than 30 international conferences
- ACT Inner Circle. Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior. Psychwire.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Advanced. Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior.Psychwire. February 2017.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Four Day Skills Intensive Part 2 of 2. Level: Intermediate to Advanced. Mindfulness TrainingLdt. December 2015.
- Introduction to ACT for long-term conditions. British Psychological Society.
- Positive Psychology. British Psychological Society
- Training in Constructivist, Conduct and CognitivePsychoterapy. Applied Psychology Center.
- Diploma in Cognitive Therapy applied to Health. Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology.
- Theoretical and Applied Course Evaluation and Treatment Cognitive Behavioral Couple problems. Aaron Beck Psychology Center (Spain).
- Diplomate in Hospital and Health Psychology. The Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology
- Developmentof the Resilience. II Venezuelan Congress of Psychology (Venezuela).
- Psychoneuroimmunology or how to take possesion of the Inmune System. University of Zulia.
- Advanced Course in psycho-oncology and Palliative Care. Organización Metas (Venezuela).
- Diplomate inMouring Therapy. The Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology and the Metas Organization
- Attachment, Loss and Mouring. (Module II) Applied Psychology Center.
- Attachment, Separation and Anxiety. (Module I) Applied Psychology Center.
- Evaluation and Diagnosis of an Addict. Family Health Service (Venezuela). September- December 2004